Access Energy Cooperative’s operations are carried out under the policies established by the Board of Directors. Each member of the Board of Directors is an active member of the cooperative and obtains his or her electricity from the cooperative just as every other member does.
How is the Board Organized?
- Nine directors serve on the Board of Directors.
- Each director is nominated by the membership.
- Each district is represented by three directors.
- There are three districts – Click here to see a map of the districts. You elect the directors from your District
Election of Directors
Please click here for more information on the election of directors.
The board is charged with setting the general policies under which the cooperative operates.
Rates charged by Access Energy Cooperative are established by your Board of Directors—with the advice of engineering consultants, accountants, and electric rate specialists. All factors that contribute to the cost of providing service are tabulated and projected, including but not limited to:
- Cost of wholesale power
- Cost of operating and maintaining the distribution system
- Accounting and sales expense
- Administrative expense
- Depreciation on the investment in power lines, equipment and facilities
- Interest on long-term debt
All income in excess of the cost of providing electricity to members is allocated back to the members in the form of dividends. The Board sets the standards for how this is handled. Click here for more information on patronage dividends.