Access Energy Cooperative is part of a three tier system. Find out more information about how the three-tier system works.
Access Energy Cooperative is proud of the reliability of service we provide. Find more information here on how we do it and what to expect.
Power outages can be caused by many things including, but not limited to, the following:
- Wind, heat, ice, and snow are the most common causes of widespread power outages.
- When lightning strikes transmission towers, wires, and poles, outages occur.
- Squirrels, birds, and other small animals are a common cause for power lines to short circuit.
- During high winds, or trimming by an untrained professional, limbs can come into contact with power lines, causing power interruptions.
- Excavation Digging
- Underground cables are commonly disturbed by digging. Practice safety when you dig and always call Iowa One Call first at 811.
- High Power Demand
- During heat waves and other times of unusually high power demand, overburdened electric cables, transformers, and other electrical equipment can melt and fail.
- Occasionally, vehicle accidents with a utility pole cause power outages.
If you experience a power outage or notice a problem with our power lines, call us at 1.866.242.4232, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If the object remains on the line, the breaker opens and tries to reclose two more times before the power goes out. At this point, a lineman must be dispatched to remove the obstruction and manually reset the breaker.
Without this feature designed into the system, very brief interruptions would result in outages lasting much longer.
Check here for news and information on power supply issues.
Why Does the Cooperative Spend Money on Right-of-Way Clearance? !!! 2007 NEWS ARTICLE!!!
Distributed Generation!!! 2009 NEWS ARTICLE!!!
News from Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Located in Springfield, Missouri, Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc. is the generation cooperative that supplies power to Northeast Power, who in turn supplies power to Access Energy Cooperative.
News from Northeast Power
Located in Palmyra, MO, Northeast Power is the transmission cooperative that supplies power to Access Energy Cooperative.
News from the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives
Access Energy Cooperative belongs to the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives, located in Des Moines, Iowa.