Caramel Apple Oat Squares
Write a review
- 1 3/4 C. Unsifted Flour
- 1 C. Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 C. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Cold Oleo
- 1 C. Chopped Walnuts
- 20 Caramels
- 1 14oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 21 oz can Apple Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Cut in oleo until crumbly.
- Saving 1 1/2 C. of the crumb mixture, press remaining amount on bottom of 9x13 baking pan. Bake 15 min.
- Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture.
- In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk stirring until smooth.
- Spoon apple filling over prepared crust, top with caramel then the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 min or until set. Cool. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/