Chicken Pot Pie
Write a review
- 1 box refrigerated 9" pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1/3 C. butter or margarine
- 1/3 C. chopped onion
- 1/3 C. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1/2 C. milk
- 2 1/2C. shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 C. frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 9" glass pie plate with one pie crust.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently til tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon into crust lined pie plate.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute as desired.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- During last 15-20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/