Write a review
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 c hot milk
- t tsp vanilla
- Sift together 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs until thick and lemon colored, about 3 minutes at high speed on mixer.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- By hand, quickly fold dry ingredients into egg mixture.
- Add 2 T butter to 1/2 cup hot milk.
- Stir into batter with 1 tsp vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Pour into wax paper lined 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until browned on top.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and remove waxed paper.
- Top with sweetened fruit and whipped cream.
- Helpful Hints: Great with strawberries.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/