May 11, 1935 The Rural Electrification Administration (REA) was created.
1937 Five meetings were held to promote rural electrification. About 300 farmers signed applications for organizing the cooperative.
June 1938 530 members signed applications with 291 being located in Henry County and 239 in Jefferson County. Board members went door to door to get people to sign up.
July 5, 1938 Articles of Incorporation were filed with the Secretary of State.
July 15, 1938 First official board meeting at Henry County Ag Agent in the post office.
May 18, 1939 Warner A. Russell approved as Project Superintendent for the “Project Iowa 9069-A”.
October 1, 1939 First office open in the Brazelton Hotel Building.
November 1939 First advertisting campaign began.
November 3, 1939 A bid of $132,650.24 by Hoak Construction Company of Des Moines was accepted for building the first section of line.
July 8, 1940 Substation energized and workmen began connecting the home of members whose wiring had been completed. Parke F. Cornick’s home was the first to be energized.
January 9, 1940 The REA approved allotment for construction of 193 miles of highline on the second section.
May 1, 1942 Moved into building on North Main Street formerly occupied by R. Brown & Company.
October 13, 1949 The contract was signed for construction of a new office building and warehouse.
December 1950 New headquarters building at 907 East Washington, Mount Pleasant was completed.
1988 Opened the outpost in Fairfield.
September 8, 2000 Changed name to Access Energy Cooperative.
March 25, 2002 Bought out of RUS (formerly REA) funding. No longer received government loan assistance.
October 2008 Moved into new facility at 1800 West Washington Street.
July 2013 Celebrating 75 year of safe, reliable, efficient service and environmental responsibility.