The Access Energy Cooperative Board of Directors has approved a scholarship program for high school students as follows:
- Six $1500 awards, two in each of the cooperative’s three Districts (Click here to see a map of the Districts)
- First $500 will be awarded upon completion of the first semester, with proof of enrollment for second semester
- Remaining $1000 will be awarded upon completion of first semester of student’s second year, with proof of enrollment for the following semester
- Recipients must be a high school senior receiving post-secondary education
- Recipient’s parents or legal guardians must be members of the cooperative
- Winners will be chosen in March and announced at their senior awards ceremonies.
How to apply
The 2018 applications are available December 15, 2017, and will be due in our office March 15, 2018. Applications can be obtained beginning in December:
- At all area high school guidance counselor offices
- By contacting the Access Energy Cooperative headquarters office in Mt. Pleasant
- By downloading the application by clicking on this link: 18scholarshipapp, and either fax, mail or bring to our office
- By submitting an online form by clicking here.
- To accompany application
- Shall be between 250–500 words
- 2017 essays addressed the following question: What advantages does a member of a rural electric cooperative have over customers of other forms of electric utility companies?
- 10% Academics
- 10% Involvement in extra-curricular and other groups or community organizations
- 80% Written essay
Mail applications to:
Access Energy Cooperative
P.O. Box 440
Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641