It is important to Access Energy Cooperative and all of our employees to help kids learn how dangerous electricity can be if it is not respected. Our program is real hands-on learning to help them understand why it’s important to take precautions around electricity. Presenters and kids have a lot of fun interacting and exchanging questions and answers.
- Three $500 awards, one in each of the cooperative’s 3 Districts
- Must be a high school senior receiving post-secondary education
- Parents or legal guardians must be members of the cooperative
Access Energy Cooperative sends two students to participate in the Rural Electric Youth Tour in June of each year, for an activity-filled week, affording these high school youths opportunities to learn first-hand what it is like to be involved in politics, community development and today’s social issues.
- It provides basic information about electricity
- It provides information on how electricity works and how to use it