What is the GetCharged! Program?
GetCharged! was developed by Discovery Channel School in partnership with Touchstone Energy Cooperatives to help middle school students make learning about electricity fun and relevant. The program provides basic information about electricity, how electricity works and how to use it.
Kits Available for Checkout to Students
Access Energy Cooperative distributed curriculum kits, free of charge, to approximately 20 middle schools in its service area and has two kits available in our office for home schooled students to check out.
How to Apply to Check Out a Kit:
Kits can be checked out for a two-week period by:
- by contacting the Access Energy Cooperative headquarters office in Mt. Pleasant
- by clicking here to download a request form and either fax, mail or bring to our office
- Click here to request a kit
Each Kit Includes:
- Classroom poster
- Get Power – The Cooperative Way lesson plan
- Two videos – Understanding: Electricity and Touchstone Energy’s: Our Story
- An interactive CD-Rom
- Student activity books
- A teachers resource book
Discovery Channel School products have been developed by the world’s most respected brand for television quality and recognized by leading educational groups for their excellence.
Drawing on Discovery’s award-winning programming for much of its content, the curriculum and materials used in the Get Charged! program were developed specifically by Discovery Channel School for classroom use and comply with National Science Education standards.