Date Nut Sticks
Write a review
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 oz. chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 cups finely grated coconut
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add eggs, sugar and dates.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, pecans and cereal.
- Cool and shape into sticks or can make into balls.
- Roll in coconut.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/