Access Energy Cooperative sends two students to participate in the Rural Electric Youth Tour in June of each year, for an activity-filled week, affording these high school youths opportunities to learn first-hand what it is like to be involved in politics, community development and today’s social issues.
- Be a sophomore or junior high school student in the Access Energy Cooperative service area—need not be a member to apply (Click here to see a map of the service area)
- Submit an application. They can be obtained:
- At all area high school guidance counselor offices
- By contacting the Access Energy Cooperative headquarters office in Mt. Pleasant
- By downloading the application and either fax, mail or bring to our office by February 24, 2017
- By submitting an online form click here
- Applicants must also participate in a personal interview in March on a date selected by the judges at our office in Mt. Pleasant. The 2017 date for interviews is March 7th. Since judges are brought in from out of the area, and winners are chosen on that date, no exceptions can be allowed.
To Learn More
Contact Access Energy Cooperative’s office at 319-385-1577 or 1-800-452-7810, M–TH 7:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., FRI 7:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m., or visit the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperative’s web site at http://youthtour.coop