Write a review
- -1 tablespoon olive oil
- -i medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
- -8 flour tortillas (7 1/2-inch)
- -1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese or white goat cheese
- -1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos
- -1 cup finely chopped lamb leg or shoulder
- -4 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- -2 green onions, thinly sliced
- -1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint or flat leaf parsley
- In skillet, heat oil over low heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place 4 tortilas on a work surface and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons each of ricotta and jack cheese, making sure the cheese covers the surface evenly.
- Evenly layer lamb, onions, mushrooms, green onions, mint or parsley, and top with remaining cheeses. -Top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat.
- Using a large spatula, place a quesadilla in the skillet and cook, pressing down once, until the cheese melts and the torillas brown slightly; turn and lightly brown other side.
- Remove to a 250 degree oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas. -To serve: Cut each quesadilla into quarters.
- Serve with your favorite guacamole or salsa.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/