Write a review
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 12 oz. pkg sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. melted paraffin
- Combine sugar, butter, vanilla, and 1 cup evaporated milk in pan; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining milk gradually.
- Cook to 234-240 degrees on candy thermometer, soft ball stage.
- Stir in pecans. Stir into large buttered pan.
- Chill overnight. Cut into squares. Place on waxed paper.
- Blend melted chocolate and paraffin in bowl. Spoon carefully over squares. Yield 5 lbs.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/