Navy Bean Soup with Ham
Write a review
- 2 C. Dried Nave Beans
- 10 C. Cold Water
- 1/2 of a ham slice, cubed
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped
- 1 Medium Parsnip, chopped
- 4 Ribs celery, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1 8 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 C. Instant Potato Flakes
- In a soup pot or large dutch oven over high heat, bring the beans and water to a rapid boil.
- Cook 2 minutes, turn off heat, cover and let stand one hour.
- Add all remaining ingredients except tomato sauce and potato flakes, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves.
- Add tomato sauce and potato flakes, stir well and cook an additional 30 minutes, covered, and stirring often.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/