Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
Write a review
- -1 round angel food cake (10 inches)
- -1 qt. vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- -6 chocolate-covered peppermint patties, (1.5 ounces each) chopped
- -1/2 cup chopped pecans
- -1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- -green food coloring (optional)
- Split cake into three horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine ice cream, peppermint patties, pecans, extract and a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Spread a third of the mixture over bottom layer.
- Top with a second cake layer and another portion of ice cream mixture, repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for up for up to 1 month.
- Remove from the freezer just before serving (16 servings).
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/