Pork Steak and Pineapple
Write a review
- 2 lean pork steaks
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (Minute Rice)
- 2 cups liquid (pineapple juice and water)
- Salt and pepper, if desired
- Brown sugar (approx. 1 tbsp)
- Cut pork steaks into strips, brown in large frying pan, then stir in pineapple, rice and liquid.
- Season with salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and pork steaks are tender. Serves 2.
- Partially thawed frozen pork steaks are easier to cut into strips. For more color and nutrition, add raw slivered carrots, green pepper, or water chestnuts to pan before simmering.
Access Energy Cooperative https://accessenergycoop.com/