Your Board of Directors is elected by and from the membership of Access Energy Cooperative. Three seats are up for election, one in each of the three districts. Each board member is elected to a term of three years. Terms that will expire with the 2023 annual meeting to be held Tuesday, August 1, 2023, are:
District 1, David Hollingsworth
District 2, Jerry Barker, and
District 3, Michael Holtkmap
The Board of Directors will be appointing a Nominating Committee in January who will select candidates to run for the expiring terms. Anyone interested in running for a seat on the board may contact a member of the Nominating Committee, which will be posted in our office, on our website at www.accessenergycoop.com, and in the newsletter; or you can call our office at 1.866.242.4232.
In order to serve on the Access Energy Cooperative Board of Directors you must meet all of the qualifications as specified in the cooperative Bylaws, Section 3 as summarized below:.
No member shall be eligible to become or remain a Director or to hold any position of trust in the Cooperative who is:
- not a bona fide resident of premises served by the Cooperative
- in any way employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy or supplies to the Cooperative or a business primarily engaged in selling electrical or plumbing appliances, fixtures or supplies to the members
- within two (5) years preceding a director candidate nomination was an employee of the Cooperative
- a close relative of a director or employee of the Cooperative, with close relative being defined as: spouse, cohabitant, mother, father, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister, brother, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and natural, step, and adopted children
- within fifteen (15) years preceding a director candidate nomination been convicted of a felony whether by judgment, order, settlement, conviction, plea of guilt, or plea of nolo contendere
- or becomes the full-time employee or agent of another director or employee
- or becomes the full-time employer or principal of another director
- the incumbent of or candidate for an elective public office other than on a school board, board of supervisors, township trustee, township clerk, or member of the State legislature
When a membership is held jointly, either one, but not both, may be elected a director, provided, however, that neither shall be eligible to become or remain a director or hold a position of trust in the Cooperative unless both shall meet the qualifications herein above set forth.
2023 Nominating Committee Members
If you are interested in running for the board, please contact one of these members, or call our office at 1-866-242-4232.
Joe Heckethorn, Stockport
Brandon Ledger, Stockport
Kenneth Whitham, Fairfield
Matthew Lawler, Mt. Pleasant
Bob Scarff, Mt. Pleasant
Randy White, Mt. Pleasant
Myrna Folker, Donnellson
Dean Mabeus, Wever
Tim Myers, New London